Nagpur University Winter 2011 Exam Results

अपने Result प्राप्त करना हो तो Ctrl + F दबाए और आपका Roll No डालें.

3 Idiots brilliance surprises Hirani

When I saw 3 Idiots after its completion, the first thought that came to my mind was This is the worst movie that I have made in my life.

 I wasnt laughing at the jokes, the emotions failed to touch my heart and I was like Was this what I had conceptualised?, said Rajkumar Hirani, while talking exclusively to The Hitavada prior to his visit to his hometown to interact with Nagpurians. That 3 Idiots went on to become the biggest hit of 2009 and smashed all box office records, grossing USD 21 million within four days of its release, is a fact everyone is aware of by now. See, it took nearly two years for me and Abhijat to write the script. Then I directed it, and later edited the film. So I had read, re-read and seen each line at least 5,000 times. So when I saw the finished film, they failed to touch me, Hirani clarifies, adding that he had felt the same way when he saw Munnabhai M.B.B.S. when he watched it for the first time. So now, with a hat trick of successful films in his kitty, does Hirani agree with Aamir Khans statement that he is the number one director in the industry today? For me, films are not about numbers. Its a passion, its about how much sense you make, and I feel that you are as good as the films that you make. Each director wants to give it his best, and so it is with me. I have made films with scripts in which I had immense faith and belief, and by Gods grace they clicked, he states. Coming to the cast of the film, all of whom are much older than the twenty-year olds that are the life of any campus, did he at any point of time had this feeling that it will not work? See while casting a lot of time, a lot of thought process goes in. Its not a hasty decision - its a very conscious decision that is arrived at after going through a lot of auditions. For 3 idiots we took six months to zero in on the cast. Ask him if the magic would have worked had he cast new faces in the roles, and he says, At the auditions, I did try new faces, but finding the right guys was tough. So I narrowed it down to Aamir, Madhavan and Sharman because I knew they would take the role to another level. An actors job is to become the character and I knew these three were capable of giving much more than what was required for the film. Adding further Hirani says, Film making is a decision making process. Had we cast new faces, the film would still have fared well at the box office, because the foundation of the film - the script was strong. Hirani, thus reiterates the fact that a solid script has more weightage than star presence. Which brings us to the raging controversy between Chetan Bhagat and the team of 3 idiots. Due credit has been given to Chetan Bhagat and if youve read the book, you can make out that only the basic funda has been taken from the book. We adapted, changed the situations, and added a lot of our own experiences. He only wants to gain mileage now that the movie has become such a big hit. If anyone wants to know how the movie is different from the book Five Point Someone, feel free to visit www.vinodchopra.com where I have listed 30 reasons, says Hirani. For Hirani, 2009 ended on a happy note and 2010 began on a happier note as the movie continues to have houseful boards even after two weeks have gone by. Rare in todays times, you tell Hirani and he laughs and agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Top Sites

Academics Blogs